Key Stage 1 Tuition
At Key stage 1 the Extra Tuition Centre provides tuition and extra lessons in the two ‘core’ subjects of Maths and English. These are covered through the following topics:
Reading (En 2)
- Comprehension – Read and recall information, distinguish between text and speech, show evidence of textual understanding, learn to follow story-line.
- Language – Adjectives, Pronouns and Collective Nouns, Nouns, Opposites, Punctuation, Plurals, Compounds, Homophones, Prefixes and Suffixes, Similes.
- Reading Strategies – Phonics and blending (Understanding word formation and sounds), Verbal Reasoning (constructing words from other words).
Writing (En 3)
- Composition – Planning and constructing a text to set standards and style (letter writing, fiction and non-fiction)
- Spelling and Handwriting
- Grammar – Usage of Standard English and language structure.
- Reading/ Writing numbers to 100
- Addition, Subtraction, Times and Multiplication
- Time and Money
- Fractions and Fractions of Quantities
- Comparing and Ordering Numbers
- Rounding/ Estimating
- Number Patterns
- Odd and Even Numbers
- Place Value
- Representing and Interpreting Data: (Pictograms, Block Graphs, Tables)
Shape, Space and Measure (Ma3)
- 2D & 3D Shapes (Understanding Patterns and Properties)
- Measuring and Estimating Length
- Symmetry and Reflection (Understanding properties of position and movement)
- Angles and Directions
- Click here to book an assessment.
- Read our case studies to see how we have help children fulfill their potential.