Key Stage 2 Tuition
At Key Stage 2, a child’s programme of study becomes more challenging, but still incorporates a lot of Key Stage 1 skills. The objective of tuition offered at this level is to enable your child to pass smoothly onto a more challenging level of study by exercising foundational knowledge gained in the previous years.
English Topics Covered
Reading (En 2)
Maths Topics Covered
- Comprehension – Ordering and matching information, expressing opinion, comparing and contrasting texts and questions, correct quotation techniques.
- Literature – Fiction and Non-Fiction, Poetry, Understanding characters
- Language – Structure and Variation, Similes, Metaphors and Personification, Alliteration, Assonance, Onomatopoeia, Connectives and Clauses, Verbal Reasoning
Writing (En 3)
- Composition – Letter Writing, Formal and Informal Letters, Fiction and Non-Fiction, Media-based texts (Newspaper articles), Persuasive Writing (Leaflets and Brochures)
- Spelling and Handwriting – Prefixes and Suffixes
- Punctuation and Grammar – Language Structure, Paragraphs, Speech Marks, Sentences, Apostrophes, Comparatives and Superlatives.
Number (Ma 2)
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
- Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
- Place Value
- Negative Numbers
- Number Patterns
Shape, Space and Measure (Ma 3)
- Area, Perimeter and Volume
- Reflective and Rotational Symmetry
- 2D and 3D Shapes
- Imperial and Metric Units
Handling Data (Ma 4)
- Mode, Median, Mean and Range
- Bar and Line Graphs
- Click here to learn more about the ETC Method.
- Read our case studies to see how we have help children fulfill their potential.
We provide Key Stage 2 tuition at the following centres.