What is an online lesson or course?
An online lesson or online course is where a fully qualified teacher can help your child with their school work or exam preparation using the internet.
Click here to see an online lesson in action
What do I need?
- A laptop or desktop PC. (Mac is not supported unless running via a PC emulator)
- Headphones/Speakers and a microphone - are used to listen as well as talk to the teacher
- You are encouraged to write on the online whiteboard – suggesting solutions and answering problems so a tablet, could help you to write on the screen. This is not essential as you can write with your mouse
Live Meeting Installation
Live Meeting is a Microsoft product. We selected this because you can be sure that you are using a 'safe' product to download to your computer.
Before your first Live Meeting with us check your computer system. Click this link to Microsoft to check your system.
What happens in your online Extra Tuition Centre lesson or course
- You book your lessson or course online. Pay through Paypal
- We will send you an email with confirmation of the date, time and place of the meeting.
- Your Live Meeting session is opened up half an hour before the event starts. This gives you time to do any last minute checks
- The meeting will start on time so that you and your family do not have to wait around the computer waiting for the event to start
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.